Tourist attractions in Alto Adige and Bolzano
The clear blue sky shines year round over the country roads and surrounding mountains and lakes. Nowhere else do life and work find a more beautiful balance. Tourist attractions are:
- the beautiful Dolomites
- Ötzi, the Iceman. A hunter from 5.300 years ago.
- wine tasting – the wine road, which stretches from Bolzano south to the provincial border, is like one enormous tasting room.
- castles: there are more than 400 castles in South Tyrol.
- international ballet summer "Bolzano Danza" in July.
- international piano competition F. Busoni at the end of August.
- concerts of the European Youth Orchestra "Gustav Mahler".
- BoClassic – the traditional marathon on the 31st December.
- the Haydn Orchestra plays classical concerts year-round.
The city and its surroundings
Bolzano is the portal to a world without borders, from the green of parks and grapevines to the living rock of the Dolomites. It is located within a monumental valley, and its medieval centre features many colourful shops and traditional eateries.
Interesting day programmes can be organized from easy historical and natural walks to hiking trails and bicycle tours into the beautiful alpine environment of the Dolomites.
Important touristic highlights
If you like to experience the beautiful nature and mountains around Bolzano, just take a trip to Jenesien, Ritten or to the higher mountains like Rosengarten or Schlern. It will be an experience you will never forget!
More Info: Bolzano Tourist Office, Piazza Walther 8, Tel. +39 0471 307000-1-2. Opening hours: 9.00 - 18.30